Baby Shower Resources
During my journey of planning, attending, and being the mother-to-be at a baby shower, I’ve come across several guides, products, and other resources that have made my life a whole lot easier.
Some resources I really like, and some I really hate.
Below is a master list of baby shower resources that I have used and recommend whole-heartedly.
Think of me like the human guinea pig of baby showers!
Please understand that I have experience with all of these products, and I recommend them only because they are beneficial to me.
Baby Shower Game Prizes
- Yankee Candle – Everyone loves a good candle, and Yankee Candles are no exception. Yankee Candles come in a wide variety of scents, so pick one that corresponds with the time of year. My personal favorite is this one.
- Lindt Chocolate – Lindt Chocolates taste incredible and come in beautiful packaging. I love Lindt Chocolates, and I’m sure your guests will too. My favorite flavor is this milk chocolate.
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates – These chocolates are seriously worth dying for. They are a little bit more pricey than the Lindt Chocolates mentioned above, but boy do they taste absolutely phenomenal. Here’s my favorite gift box set
- Spa Bath Gift Set – Award your baby shower game winners with a gift that transports them to an intriguing and exotic location for some much needed pampering. Most spa bath gift sets include a shoer gel, bubbles, a loofah, and some bath salts, but only a handful of gift sets come in full sizes (not sample sizes). I recommend you buy this set.
- Gift Certificates – Award each winner with the gift that cannot go wrong, a gift card. Everyone could use an Amazon gift card. Everyone.
- Natural Soap Bar Gift Set – Not only is a soap bar set a decorative gift, but it is very useful as well. I know I’d be happy to get one of these as a gift. If you’d like to see my favorite soap bar gift set, click here.
- Manicure Package – A gift certificate to a local salon would suffice, but if you want to give your guests something more decorative, check this out.
- Pedicure Package – The same reasoning applies for a pedicure package. A gift card to a local salon would be ideal, but this Burt’s Bees pedicure set would be a great option as well.
- Bath Towels – Bath towels are a very thoughtful gift, but could go wrong if the theme clashes with the theme of the winner’s home. If you go this route, choose a neutral color that will (at the very least) be perfect for the winner’s guest bathroom.
- Body Lotion Gift Set – Similar to the spa bath gift set I mentioned above, a body lotion set is an excellent gift for a baby shower. If you want to give your guests a gift they’ll remember, I would check out this body lotion gift set.
- Nail Polish – Nail polish is the classic baby shower gift cliche, but it works well. Nail polish is cheap, is easy to present, and of course always needed. My favorite is this set.
- Wine Glasses – You’re going to need something to drink all of that wine out of, why not give your guests some classy wine glasses too? My favorite is this hilarious “Don’t Even Ask” set.
- Portable Suction Cup For Wine & Beer – If you’ve ever tried to take a glass of wine into the shower, then you’ll know the problem that this product from SipCaddy solves. This gift was a hit at my baby shower, and I know it will be a favorite at yours too.
- Green Tea – Those powerful antioxidants, that little caffeine boost, green tea is my favorite beverage. In fact, green tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world, trailing only water. My favorite green tea brand can be found here.
- Picture Frames – Picture frames are tasteful, useful, and lightweight. Nobody is going to be upset about winning one of these.
- Plants – Plants, flowers, and other bulbs or seeds are fantastic baby shower gifts, but require a bit of upkeep prior to giving them away. Live plants also can’t be wrapped if you are going that route. Regardless, everyone will be happy to receive a plant as a gift!
Baby Shower Registries
- Amazon.com Baby Registry – With Amazon’s Baby Registry, you can add items from Earth’s biggest selection, get free 90-day returns on most items, and manage your registry on any device whenever—and wherever—you want. Here are just a few reasons why the baby shower registry at Amazon.com is a life saver:
- Universal Registry – You can easily add items from any site for one easy to manage registry.
- Huge Selection – Amazon.com has 270,000 baby items at your disposal.
- Mobile Friendly – You can update and manage your baby registry anywhere, from anywhere.
- Excellent Exchange & Return Policy – Not quite what you were expecting? That’s not a problem with Amazon’s Baby Registry.
- Lightning Fast Shipping – Were you expecting anything less from Amazon? Free shipping on orders over $49. Free two-day shipping for Prime Members.
Baby Shower Thank You Gifts
Some baby shower thank you gifts are cheesy, some are thoughtful and can be personalized, and some are generic. Check out my list of the best baby shower thank you gifts below and see which ones you like best!
- Burt’s Bees Hand Repair Gift Set — Give your baby shower guests the gift of sophisticated pampering with this three piece hand care gift set. Includes a lemon butter cuticle cream, almond milk hand cream, a shea butter hand repair cream, and a pair of cotton gloves. Plus it is made with natural ingredients. To be honest, this is a great gift for all occasions! Click here to read more about this Burt’s Bees Hand Repair Gift Set.
- Savvy Infusion Water Bottle — Drinking water infused with natural flavors is a tasty and energizing way to curb your appetite, enjoy radiant skin, and burn unwanted fat. This infusion water bottle from Savvy is great for the beach, gym, office, hiking, and the car. You can even use this water bottle cleanses, detoxes, or other diet programs. This is without a doubt the best selling infusion water bottle. Click here to check out which colors are available.
- Baby Blue Baby Bottles — These removable topped baby bottles aren’t good baby shower baby shower thank you gifts on their own – but with some creative touch, they can be turned into a beautiful, personalized thank you gift.
- #MomLife Adult Coloring Book — It’s 6:30 PM. By some miracle, one of your kids is asleep while the other is watching cartoons in a food coma. Quick! Here’s your chance! Grab some colored pencils and markers, this coloring book, and run to the bathroom (don’t forget the wine)! First, lock the door and enjoy the solitude of private urination. Second, gulp down that wine and enjoy the most relaxing five minutes of your day as you surrender to the quietness and creativity of coloring. Celebrate the humor and frustration that are the highs and lows of motherhood featured in the pages of this book.
- Plant Theatre Edible Flower Variety Pack— If you’ve invited a few guests who like to garden, then you’ve got to check out this edible flower kit. Complete with five distinct and unusual edible flowers, Plant Theatre vows to make life exciting again. Here are a few of the gift sets they offer:
- Wine Aerator Pourer — An aerator pourer will make a $10 bottle of wine taste like a $30 bottle. And you may not realize it now, but once you get an aerator pourer, you’ll never drink wine the same way again. Plus you won’t have to worry about spilling wine onto your tablecloth again if you buy this wine aerator pourer.
- Undies For Two — Despite being most certainly a gag gift, this pair of undies is hilarious. Check ’em out right here.
- HanZa Bath Bombs Gift Set — This handmade, natural, and organic bubble bath gift basket is the perfect idea for baby shower thank you gifts. Featuring eight golf ball sized “bath bombs”, your baby shower guests will be able to enjoy this soothing bubble bath set over, and over, and over again. Click here to read more about this gift idea.
As time passes, I know I will continue to add to this list of resources that I use. But at this time, these are the resources that I use encounter often when planning a baby shower for someone.